Wednesday 8 August 2012

Mirror mirror on the wall...

 A friend had admired my hall of mirrors and couldn't believe it when I told her the large one was plastic so I said I'd look out for another for her. This one came from a charity shop for £5. Gold plastic.
 Here it is now it's been made over. Much less blingy.
Close up of the paintwork. 4 colours were used and dark wax.
I hope she's going to be pleased!

I've ordered my UK milk paint which is meant to come tomorrow. I don't have high hopes for it. The carriage costs alone were so steep it could have come from Canada. Not a great start!

Stay tuned for the definitive international milk paint comparison!















Delighted to be linking up with From my Front Porch To Yours!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you did a great job your friend will love it ;-) It almost looks like marble now its lovely. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous. I've got a gold sprayed mirror with cherubs (belonged to my parents) which I'm going to attempt to paint. I'm going to try and make my own chalk paint with plaster of paris. Eeek! Wish me luck. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!